Accidentally uploaded to the wrong blog. Whoops!
Just put a space after the full stop in the url and it will go through just fine :)
The way I make them I can just give you step by step instructions.
- 1. Find video that is one of the following: .MOV .AVI .MPG or .MPEG
- File>Import>Video Frames to Layers
- Select the section which you wish to make a GIF of
- Cut the frames down to about 16. I find that number of frames works best. To do so, and make it even I find it easier to go through and cut out the frames in a pattern. e.g. leave 1 frame in, delete 2, leave one frame in, delete 3 for large amounts of frames, or just every 2 of 3 frames for smaller amounts. EDIT: Of course it is nicer to go through and delete every second one over and over till it’s under 20 frames, but that takes a long time, and if it’s not intricate it doesn’t matte too much.
- TEST IT. I generally make all my frames .1 second delay to make it smooth. Some need to be faster, some slower. It depends on what you want.
- THEN you can play with effects and colouring and things like that. With my GIF’s I tend to just leave them as is.
- MAKE SURE YOU SELECT FOREVER LOOP otherwise it won’t be that great on Tumblr.
- Save for Web and Devices - save as a GIF
- Here is where you make sure, for Tumblr, that it is less than 500 by 500 pixels and under, I think it’s 512kb, but best to keep it under 500kb.
- TEST it by dragging it into a new tab on your web browser to make sure it works.
- Upload it to Tumblr. Always ‘preview post’ to make sure that the GIF plays. You can make the post either text or photo. I prefer photo so when someone re-blogs it it doesn’t get those silly lines down the side of the post!
- ENJOY :)
Got a GIF request?
This lovely lady is ON IT.
At first I thought OHMYGOD Tyler Oakley reblogged me.
THEN I though OHMYGOD my face is on Tyler Oakley’s Tumblr :|
Thank you :) I just like making GIF and I’m never sure what to make!
Oh, and My Drunk Kitchen too :) (Sorry, forgot to mention that!)
Now I REALLY need to go to bed. I start work in 4.5 hours :(